COMPRO POCKET TRANSIT COMPASS
The compass incorporates a cast NdFeB rare-earth magnet that's precisely balanced on a sapphire bearing. The powerful magnet, which resists demagnetization better than other types of magnets, seeks magnetic north remarkably quickly and allows for faster readings. The compass also takes vertical measurements to +/- 90 degrees (or 100-percent grade), with 5-percent grade scale increments. Add in waterproof O-rings and you have an ideal compass for almost any on-the-go application.
It has a high degree of precision, with azimuth and vertical accuracy of +/- 1/2 degree (with 1-degree graduations). The accuracy is further improved by the short and long sights and the precision-aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability. As a final bonus, the compass offers magnetic declination adjustment when traveling through regions with magnetic variations, allowing for east or west declination settings to 180 degrees.
- Single NdFeB magnet resists demagnetization better than other types of magnets for increased reliability
- Vertical angle measurements to +/- 90° or 100% grades
- A percent grade sale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustments allows for east or west declination settings to +/- 180°
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Composite body material has less thermal retention
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- O-rings make the ComPro waterproof for increased reliability
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.2''x2.8''x1.3''
- Weight: 5.7 oz
- Made in the USA
Available in Quadrant and Azimuth